Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hair product review

As I've said before in a previous post, I am currently transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair. I'm currently 3 months and a week intro my transition. The most important thing when it comes to transitioning from relaxed to natural is finding the right products to help reduce breakage and import moisture. I'm going to review a couple of products that I use on my hair.

1.   Burts Bee's Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo
                                               
                                           
I personally do not like this shampoo. I don't think that it tends to my hair's needs. My hair is very dry and I need a shampoo to not only clean my hair but also to import moisture. I'm only using it to finish it off because I paid a pretty penny for it but once its finished  I definitely won't be buying it again. It leaves my hair clean but sqeaky clean and that leaves my hair feeling brittle and try. Though it is a sulfate free shampoo it lathers up a bit richly and it usually leaves my hair feeling coarse hard and tangled. I usually do a pre-poo treatment to help minimize the dryness.

2. Burt's Bees Pomegranate and Soy Conditioner

                                      

Lord have mercy! I hate and I repeat HATE this conditioner. I tried really hard to like it but I can't ignore the fact that it does nothing for my hair. I like my conditioners to be thick but this one is very runny with low viscosity. I have to use a lot to have it evenly distributed through my hair. When I rinse it out it leaves my hair feeling dry with no amount of moisture left it as if I never put the conditioner in my hair in the first place :S. The only good thing about this product is the scent. So long story short, I definitely will not be purchasing this product again.

3. Yes to Carrots Pampering hair Mud Conditioner


                     

I bought this conditioner along with the shampoo on sale at shoppers drug mart. It's not a bad conditioner. What drew me to it was the fact it has a lot of natural and organic properties such as honey, dead sea mud and, carrot oie, jojoba oil and other things. I'm really attracted to products like that. It's really thick which I like. I pour a huge amount of it into my hands and then I evenly distribute it through my hair and then I comb it through with a big tooth comb. When I rinse it out I find that my hair is very soft and easy to comb through whild damp which I like. I find the scent to be a bit strong though. It has a very organic scent unlike a lot of conditioners that either have a sweet scent. I like it but not enough to buy it again. I'm in search of another shampoo and conditioner with all the right properties.

4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey


I like this product. I have been dying to try products by Carol's Daughter because I heard it was a really good brand. I was cheking out their web-site looking at the reviews for their products and the variety of different products. I finally decided to by a 4 ounce jar of the Mimosa Hair Honey because it had the best review on the site. It leaves my hair feeling soft and it has a really pleasant citrousy scent. I used this on my moms hair and she said that she liked how it left her hair feeling really soft. I wouldn't use this as a stand alone leave in conditioner or moirsturiziner. I would combine it with a leave in conditioner to help seal in moisture or as an everyday conditioner to just smooth and work through my hair and ends. I see myself buying this again in the future, but hopefully I'll stock up when I go the states instead of paying for shipping costs everytime.

5. Moroccan Oil Intense Hydrating Mask for Drying and Damaged Hair

               

I decided to try this product once again from a lot of word of mouth and seeing it in salons and magazines etc. My opinion on this perticular product is still left to be decided. It says that with conitnued use you will begin to see the results. I've only used it about 2 times. I currently have single braids in my hair so it's hard to do a deep conditioner at the moment. When I take out my braids I'll try it again and see. I will say that is smells heavenly. It's thick with a creamy consistency. You don't need to much just enough to evenly distribute through your hair.

6. Natural Oils

I recently made my way to a nutrition house store to pick up a couple of natural oils. I bought a small 30ml bottle of jojoba oil , apricot oil and coconut oil. I have done some research and natural oils are supposed to be really good for your hair keeping your scalp moisturized and your hair soft. I mixed a concoction of some left over sweet almond oil, coconut oil, apricot oil and 10 drops of jojoba oil just to spray at the roots of my hair and scalp to keep it moisturized. It seems to be working for me. My hair looks really shiny and moisturized at the roots which I like.
                                                                       

                                                               

Anyways that ends it for my product review for now. I'm am still in search of a moisturizing and organic sulfate free shampoo that will not only cleanse my hair but also moisturize it as well as a good leave in conditioner. Here are some products that I would like to try.

Aveda Dry Remedy


                   

I recently walked into an Aveda Store and one of the sales representatives gave me samples of the shampoo and conditioner. I heard from someone that it's good stuff but it looks a bit pricy :S. I'll try the samples and then see.


ZenZele

                                 

Products are natural and Free shipping!

Organix soft and silky Vanilla Silk Shampoo
                     
                                     
Heard it smells good. I just hope it won't dry out my hair


Macadamia Oil
                                         

Heard it's a good brand.


Aussie Moist Collection

                       

My friend recommended this brand of shampoos and conditioners. I'm a little skeptical about the shampoo because of the sulfates but it's pretty cheap and I heard the conditioner is awesome.

And that ends this Hair talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment