Thursday, April 28, 2011

Music Profile : Stone Mecca

                       



Hey guys, this is my music profile on a group called Stone Mecca. They are super underrated and underexposed but arn't those usually the best types of music? I'm not going to lie, whenever I discover and underatted artist or group it's like finding a buried piece of treasure. You marvel at the fact that you are the only one that knows of it's existence and if gives you a secret satisfaction. Anyways I discovered this group's music while watching Afro Samurai ( Like I said, huge anime/ manga fan) and I just loved their music from there. They are also affiliated with RZA of the wutang-clan who also happened to produce the score for the show. They are funk/ soul/ R&B band based in Los Angeles, California. They have an album that came out in 2007 called Fist Contact. My personal favourites from them are from Afro Samurai  called A Walk and  Oh. Support good music people. If you love R&B/Soul/ Funk then you might love them. Their harmonizing is also amazing. I'm going to post some videos of their music down below. Enjoy!

                 




                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment