Saturday, May 29, 2010

Music and Writing

Listening to music  is more that just a hobby.It's become a part of who I am. I can't go through the day without getting my usual dose of music. I live and breathe music. I feel it down in my soul and my spirit when I'm listening to a certain song. I feel the piano, the violin and the guitar which I play at home. There is something about playing my guitar that just makes me feel so at peace. When it's just me and my guitar and I'm strumming a couple of chords and coming up with lyrics to go with the song, I feel so serene. I feel like I can just be alone with my thoughts for once and give myself time to sort through a lot of stressful thoughts and feelings that I might have about a lot of things going on in my life. Life is so stressful with school, parents and a lot of other things. When It's just me with my music,I feel like for those couple of seconds, I can just breathe and relax and escape from reality for a while. The same goes for writing. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I love to write. It's such a great way  of catharsis. Instead of bottling up all of my emotions inside I try to vent them through different mediums of writing, especially through poetry and songwriting. I'm a dictionary junkie and I love expanding my vocabulary and coming up with the perfect words to put in a song or a poem. I try to write as much as possible, because poetry is also a way for me to keep memories. In the future I'll look back at a couple of my poems and think "Wow! I can't believe I actually felt that way about this person". When you think about it, a lot of great and successful songs come from the telling of life experiences relating to love, loss, friendship and other things. It's a great way to release emotions in an artistic and healthy way. I plan on one day creating an anthology of all of my poems. That is one of my goals in life. Diary writing is also great too.It's a beautiful way to keep record of the things that are going on in your life and a way to vent all of your deepest secrets, fears, anxieties and frustrations that you sometimes don't feel ready to tell any friends or family members. For those of you who are very stressed, or you are just looking for a new hobby you should try writing or learning to play a musical instrument or any other way of artistic expression. It's not only shows your creative side, it's also liberating.

lnmcreative chic out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment