Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Crazyness going on in Jamaica

Jamaica is such a beautiful country. I can't believe that all this madness is happening right now. All of this because of one drug kingpin that Bruce Golding ( The Prime Minister) doesn't want to extradite to the US. Many worry that he may have already fled the country. The stupidest part is that a lot of innocent young citizens are being killed over him due to the violence between the gangs trying to protect the king pin and the Jamaican security forces who are seraching for him. This whole situation is now known as a "Sate of emergency". Many people question whether the Jamaican Labour party, or Bruce Golding himself, may have associations with Christian Coke ( The drug king pin) but he denies all of this. If he in deed does have a special realtionship with him, I find this to be very sickening. A lot of innocent people have been killed because of this man. I personally am of Jamaican decent with Jamaican parents who were born and raised in the country. It breaks there heart to see that a country of such beauty is being taken over by such disgusting violence that has already claimed the lives of a lot of people. I remeber before I went down there 2 summers ago, I was afraid to go beacause of the amount of violence that I heard was taking place. A lot of my family members currently are afraid of going down there. All of this bloodshed and violence is sickening and it's affecting not only my parents, but a lot of Jamaicans living her in Canada who are desperate to get in touch with their families to see if they are safe. I really hope that Bruce Golding will do his job and put an end to all of this. How many more lives must be taken before he actually does something about it? For those of you that want to explore this more,  here is a link to an article by CBC
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/05/27/jamaica-tivoli-coke.html

No comments:

Post a Comment